Lauren + Shane's incredible day was our second wedding in October and our second at William Allen Farm! We love capturing wedding days at the farm and it's even better when you have a bride and groom who have literally left nothing unplanned for their day. And did I mention that Lauren was her own wedding coordinator and she did absolutely fabulous. If she was stressed at all the day-of, she never showed it once.
From the vow books to the vintage truck on the lawn to the evergreen bowtie for their dog, Digger, every detail had meaning and was a reflection of the deep bond that these two share.
The entire day was a blast, so it's difficult to pare the day's events down into a single blog post. But...here are some of our favorite moments from the day.
- A traditional Celtic hand-fasting that included all of their siblings during the ceremony
- The bilingual ceremony in English and French!
- When their brand new puppy made a quick appearance for a family photo after the ceremony
- That really cool vintage truck again because it's worth two mentions
- The perfect covering of autumn leaves in the front yard of the house
- The "pig trough" dance. A French Canadian tradition in which unmarried older siblings must dance and break their way out of a pig trough. It's seen as a form of punishment since the younger sibling married first, but it was all in good fun of course :)
- And of course, the wild dance party that erupted later in the evening